- Make sure your settings are correct.
- Optimal ability scores:
- Charisma: 13
- Constitution: 9
- Dexterity: 9
- Intelligence: 17
- Strength: 9
- Wisdom: 18
||Morte will speak to you. Take the scalpel from the container by the western door. Kill the Zombie Worker that is holding the Preparation Room Key and pick it up.
||Don't use Morte to fight the zombie, as his health does not automatically regenerate.
||Open the door located at the western end of the room. Morte will speak to you again after you pass through. Open the door at the northern end of the room. Open the next door at the northern end of the room. Open the next door at the northeastern end of the room. Open the next door at the eastern end of the room. Open the next door at the southern end of the room. Go up the stairs to the third floor.
||You will return to the Mortuary later on, so you should not loot containers or speak to any NPCs.
||Select control of only Morte. Pick up the Junk, located in the northwestern portion of this floor, and pick up the Mortuary Sanctum Key, located in the southwest portion of this floor, and open the locked door next to that container. Go down the stairs back to the second floor.
- The dustmen are not able to speak directly to Morte, so you will be safe from getting caught.
- Give the Mortuary Sanctum Key and Junk to the Nameless One once you have returned to the second floor.
||Go down the stairs to the first floor. Speak to Soego. Tell him you are lost, then ask him to lead you out. He will unlock the door and let you leave the Mortuary.
||If the Dustman Guards speak to you, ask them if there are any guides around that can direct visitors, then thank them and they will leave you alone.
||Travel west to the northwestern portion of the Hive, then travel north to Ragpicker's Square. Enter the midwife's hut and speak to Old Mebbeth. Say that you have some questions for her. Ask her if she is a witch and ask her to teach you magic. Answer that you need power.|
- She will give you a Black-Barbed Seed and send you to the market. Travel to the southwestern portion of the Hive and speak to the Hive Merchant that mentions fruits, herbs, and spices. Travel southeast to the southeastern portion of the Hive. Speak to Mourns-for-Trees, located directly east of the exit leading to the northeastern portion of the Hive. Return to Old Mebbeth. Accept your level up before continuing with the quest.
- Return to the market in the southwestern portion of the Hive and speak to Giscorl, located near the previous Hive Merchant you spoke to. After you get Mebbeth's Wash, return to Old Mebbeth.
- Return to the market again and speak to Kossah-Jai, located near the previous 2 merchants you spoke to, then speak to Meir'am, located to the south. Then return to the merchants and speak to the Hive Merchant that mentions cups, plates, and tankards. Return to Meir'am with the tankard and fill it with ink. Return to Old Mebbeth and become a mage.
|Once you have become a mage:|
- Accept your level up.
- Equip your earrings.
- Copy the 3 scrolls into your spell book.
||Travel to the southeastern portion of the Hive and into the Smoldering Corpse Bar. Do not explore the eastern portion of this area. Speak to O, located at the western half of this area, and politely ask him about the "secrets of existence" for a permanent +1 bonus to wisdom. Speak to Dak'kon and he will join your party. Speak to Dak'kon again and ask to learn the teachings of Zerthimon. Alternate using the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon in Dak'kon's inventory and speaking to Dak'kon.
- The correct answer to Dak'kon's questions about the Unbroken Circle of Zerthimon is always the first choice.
- Use each Circle of Zerthimon in your inventory to add spells to your spell book. Use the 6th, 7th, and 8th Circles of Zerthimon while they are in Dak'kon's inventory.
||Grind up 900 Copper Commons by killing respawning Hive Thugs and selling their loot. Purchase three Tattoos of Presence from Fell's Studio and equip them to the Nameless One.
||Travel to Ragpicker's Square and use the Junk to travel through the portal located at the northern part of the map. Open the door and enter into the Trash Warrens. Anamoli will speak to you. Pick either of the first 2 options, then mention Pharod, then mention the Lady. He will let you pass peacefully. Exploring this entire area will cause additional fights. Travel to the southeastern portion of the Trash Warrens, avoiding any detours or fights along the way. Bish will speak to you. Tell him you have no name, assure him you are telling the truth, then mention Pharod. He will let you pass through the trap door into thed Buried Village.
||Enter Pharod's Court, located at the northeast of the Buried Village. Speak to Pharod. Tell him you've come for information and that you'll help him find the Bronze Sphere in exchange for what he knows. Once you've exhausted every dialogue option, leave the court and exit the Buried Village via the southern exit to the Weeping Stone Catacombs. Barr will let you out through the locked gate.
||When Pharod agrees to tell you where he gets all his bodies, tell him that he is insulting the craft of magic instead of vowing or lying about not telling anyone.
||Exploring this entire area will cause additional fights, but you must not kill any enemies. First travel to the Shattered Crypt, located in the northeast. Select one character, carefully move along the northern edge of the crypt, and pick up the Punch Daggers of Moorin. Exit the crypt and travel south to the southwestern exit to the Dead Nations Catacombs. Hargrimm the Bleak will speak to you. You must submit. Soego will speak to you. Speak to the Doubtful Skeleton, then return to Soego and tell him about the skeleton. Once he leaves, pry open the metal slab and read the journal. Speak to Soego again, kill him with Dak'kon, and take his skull for later. Speak to Hargrimm the Bleak again, then speak to Stale Mary, located in the southwest chamber. She will teach you Stories-Bones-Tell. Ask her to help you speak to the Silent King. She will grant you access to a portal that leads to the Silent King's throne room. Enter it. Hargrimm the Bleak will speak to you. Vow to keep quiet about the Silent King's fate in exchange for being able to leave. Exit the throne room.
||Exit the Dead Nation to the southwest and enter the Drowned Nations Catacombs. Exploring this entire area will cause additional fights. Carefully make your way to the southeast corner by first traveling to the southwest corner and then traveling east. The Bronze Sphere can be found on the dead Dustman's corpse. Return to the Dead Nations Catacombs, then to the Weeping Stone Catacombs, then to Pharod in the Buried Village. Barr will let you back in for free, since you have the Bronze Sphere.
||Speak to Pharod. Vow to stay your hand and make sure not to threaten him. Once Annah arrives, don't threaten her either. Accept her offer to take you to where she found your body. Once you're there, speak to Annah. She'll give you a Ring of the Traveler and flirt with you. Enter the door Annah mentioned, watch Pharod die, then immediately exit via the way you came in. Return to Pharod's Court and pick up the items that he dropped.
- Equip the Punch Daggers of Moorin to Annah.
- Equip the Ring of the Traveler to Annah, as her AC is the worst.
||Travel to the Gathering Dust Bar, located in the northeastern portion of the Hive. Speak to Emoric about joining the Dustman Faction and he will send you on some quests.|
- Speak to Norochj, who is also in the Gathering Dust Bar. He'll send you to the southwestern portion of the Hive to speak to Ash-Mantle, located towards the southeast exit. Once you say farewell, he'll try to pick your pocket. Observe his technique and then let him escape. Return to Norochj then return to Emoric.
- Speak to Awaiting-Death, who is also in the Gathering Dust Bar. Ask him why he hasn't killed himself yet, then offer to kill him. Release him once he starts to claw at your hands and allow him to keep his money. Return to Emoric.
- Speak to Sere the Skeptic, who is also in the Gathering Dust Bar. She is easy to convince. Return to Emoric.
- Emoric will ask about Soego, who you previously found in the Dead Nations Catacombs.
- Promise that you'll serve the Dustmen and their ideals and you will join the faction.
|Avoid mentioning your immortality to Emoric, or he will kick you out of the Dustman faction.
||Begin completing quests in the Hive, Mortuary, and underground areas.|
- Speak to Ingress, located in the northeastern portion of the Hive. Then travel to the Smoldering Corpse Bar and speak to Candrian. He will give you a Negative Token if you ask him about the Negative Material plane. Equip it to the Nameless One. Ask him about Ingress and then return to Ingress. Then again return to Candrian and get Ingress' Teeth. Use the item and tell it you want it to become a magical weapon. Equip it to Morte.
- Speak to Barkis, located in the Smoldering Corpse Bar. Get your eye from him for 300 Copper Commons and replace your eye with it, then ask him about the other patrons to get a quest. Speak to Mochai and give her 100 Copper Commons to cover her tab. Speak to Barkis for your reward.
- Speak to Mar, located in the northwestern portion of the Hive, to get a box. Take the box to Ku'atraa, located in the southeastern portion of the Hive. Take the box to Brasken, located in the southwestern portion of the Hive. Take the box to Shilandra, located in the northeastern portion of the Hive. Keep the box for later.
- Speak to any Harlot, located within the Hive. Say "Oh?" and then "Not today, thanks." to get Morte to ask you to sport him some jink. Then insult the harlot to upgrade Morte's Litany of Curses.
- Purchase Embalming Fluid and Needle and Thread from the Dustmen Vault. Return to the northeastern room of the second floor of the Mortuary and speak to Ei-Vene for a permanent +1 bonus to HP.
- Speak to Deionarra, located in the ground floor of the Mortuary, to learn Raise Dead.
- Speak to Fleece, located in the northwestern portion of the Hive. Say farewell and observe his pickpocketing technique.
- Speak to Arlo, located in the northwestern portion of the Hive. Ask him about Nestor and offer to get rid of him. Speak to Nestor and offer to get him his fork. Speak to One-Ear outside the building, ask him how he lost his ear, and lie about your powers over the dead. Return to Nestor for a reward, then return to Arlo for another reward. Equip the Obsidian Earring to Annah.
- Speak to Marrow-Friend, located in Ragpicker's Square. Let him eat a little bit of you, then ask him about the finger bone. Stop him from gnawing on it by offering yourself instead in exchange for the finger bone. Use the finger bone to get Mempa's Biting Ring. Equip the ring to Annah.
- Speak to Baen the Sender, located in the northeastern portion of the Hive, and offer to deliver his message. Speak to Craddock, located in the southwestern portion of the Hive. Speak to Jhelai, located in the southeastern portion of the Hive. Return to Craddock and tell him the truth about what Jhelai said to upgrade Morte's Litany of Curses. Return to Baen.
- Speak to Creeden, located in front of the Office of Vermin and Disease Control, about Morte and mimirs.
- Speak to all your party members.
||Purchase various things from various shops before moving on. Farm the respawning enemies in the Alley of Dangerous Angles until you have purchased every item in this step. You may take as long as you want and rest as many times as you want for free in the Open Tomb, located in the northeastern portion of the Hive.|
- Dustmen Vault, accessed by speaking to Emoric.
- Bone Dagger. Equip to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Greater Embalming x2. Teach to Dak'kon and the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Hold Undead x2. Teach to Dak'kon and the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Identify. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Minor Embalming x2. Teach to Dak'kon and the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Remove Curse x2. Teach to Dak'kon and the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Shroud of Shadows x2. Teach to Dak'kon and the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Vampiric Touch x2. Teach to Dak'kon and the Nameless One.
- Dver's Concoctions, accessed in the southwestern portion of the Hive.
- Scroll of Blur. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Luck. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Fell's Studio. Annah will be afraid to speak to Fell, but can be easily calmed down.
- Tattoo of Action and Tattoo of Greater Action for dexterity. Equip to Annah.
- Tattoo of Greater Health that can give Dak'kon health regeneration.
- Tattoo of Greater Presence for charisma. Equip to the Nameless One.
- Tattoo of Health for the Nameless One's health regeneration when resting is not an option.
- Tattoo of Insight and Tattoo of Revelation for intelligence.
- Tattoo of Might and Tattoo of Greater Might for strength. Equip to Dak'kon.
- Tattoo of the Art for the Nameless One.
- Tattoo of the Spirit and Tattoo of the Soul for wisdom.
- Old Mebbeth's shop, accessed in Ragpicker's Square.
- Scroll of Blindness. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Blood Bridge. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Blur. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Chromatic Orb. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Friends. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Horror. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Knock. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Luck. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Magic Missile. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Pacify. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Swarm Curse. Teach to the Nameless One.
|When farming enemies in the Alley ofDangerous Angles:|
- Never attack or kill Krystall or Rotten William. Doing so will result in the thugs of that gang no longer respawning.
- Fight and kill Blackrose after you tell him that you choose the side of good. He can attack and kill the gang leaders, which prevents thug respawning.
||Enter the Tenement of Thugs, located in the southeastern portion of the Hive. Exploring this entire area will cause additional fights. Beware of traps! Avoid the fights by opening the door located to your southwest, then open the next 2 doors you encounter leading southeast. Skip the 2 side doors and open the door at the end of the hall. Open the eastern door, take the Iron Prybar from the container, and go up the stairs. Avoid the fight by using Annah's stealth to go up the stairs. Fight the 4 enemies and retrieve the key. Return to the first floor and open the southwest door, then the northwest door, then run quickly out the western exit.
||Enter the southwest building, use Stories-Bones-Tell on the dead Dabus, and take the Hammer. Exit the building and exit the area via the southeast exit. Speak to the Dabus in the Alley of Lingering Sighs and tell it the truth about the dead Dabus. Return to the face on the wall. Undo the Dabus repairs and then return again to the face and you'll enter the Lower Ward.
||Make sure Morte has no items in his inventory before finishing this step.
||Pick up any items that Morte may have dropped. Enter the Wrecked House, located on the southern portion of this area, and go down the stairs. Morte and Lothar will speak to you and be courteous to them both. Then open the divan, located in the center of the room, and enter it. Enter the portal located in the southeastern corner of this area. Exploring this entire area will cause additional fights. Travel south to the southwestern exit to the Dead Nations Catacombs, then travel to the southwestern exit to the Drowned Nations Catacombs. Select only the Nameless One and travel to the southeastern corner of this area and enter the tomb.
||Complete the Tomb of the Nameless One by attempting to enter the central room. You will be teleported to each of the 3 side rooms, where you must pick up a key and then step on the symbol of torment to get killed and teleported back to the entrance of the tomb. Once you have all 3 keys and enter the central chamber, being reading the various inscriptions on the walls. Once you have read all of them, the central sarcophagus will contain the last key. Exit the room via the southwest exit and you'll get teleported to the final room. Take at least the Bloody Teardrop and the Scroll of Ax of Torment. Exit through the portal. Return the way you came from Lothar's and speak to him. Exit the building to get Morte back in your party.
- Equip Ingress' Teeth to Morte.
- Speak to Annah and Morte after completing this step for additional dialogue options.
||Begin completing quests in the Lower Ward area.|
- Travel to the Clerk's Ward and speak to Fall-from-Grace, located in the Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts. Ask her to join the group, and agree to find the 10 students for her:
- Speak to Juliette. Travel to the Civic Festhall, located in the northeastern portion of the Clerk's Ward, and speak to Montague. Pretend to be her lover, then say it was a ruse, then recommend he ignores her. Return to Juliette.
- Speak to Vivian. Offer to help her recover her scent.
- Speak to Nenny Nine-Eyes and ask her about the scent. Let her practice being mean at you and then ask her about the scent again.
- Speak to Marissa, located in the dark northeastern room. Ask her why she remains behind a screen, ask her to come into the light because you want to see what she looks like, then ask her to describe herself first. You'll find out she is a medusa that can turn Lim-Lim's to stone. Ask her about what Nenny told you. Return to Nenny and ask her about the veil.
- Speak to Kimasxi Adder-Tongue, located in the southeastern room. Ask her to teach Morte to be more abusive to improve his Litany of Curses. Ask her about Marissa's chambers, then return to Nenny and ask her about the theft. Travel to the first southwest room and speak to the armoire. Accuse him of being in Kimasxi's room, then wait for an opportunity to grab the missing veil, then beg and whine for it. Bring the veil to Vivian, then bring it to Marissa.
- Travel to the Curiosity shop, located in the southeast of the Clerk's Ward. Purchase a Chocolate Quasit, Deva's Tears, Fiend's Tongue, Gorgon Salve, and rune-covered ale stein. Return to the Brothel and speak to Ecco. Then speak to Dolora, located near the center tree. Travel to the Civic Festhall and speak to Merriman. Travel to the Art and Curio Galleria, located in the center of the Clerk's Ward. Examine the statue located near the entrance, but just leave it be for now. Speak to Yvana, let her touch your face, and ask about the statue. Examine the statue again and catch some ice in your mug. Return to Merriman to get the key, then return to Dolora. Ask her about the silent prostitute. Return to Ecco, help her regain her voice, then ask her about Ravel.
- Speak to Juliette again and ask her about Kesai-Serris. Speak to Kimasxi and ask her about Kesai-Serris. Speak to Kesai-Serris, then speak to Kimasxi again, then speak to Kesai-Serris again.
- Speak to Yves, located in the first southeast room.
- Return to Fall-from-Grace. Tell her you spoke to 9 students and that the Nameless One is the tenth. She will join your party. Speak to her again, including asking about Morte being a mimir. Speak to Morte and ask him about him being a mimir for an upgrade to his ability scores.
- Speak to Nemelle, located west of the Advocate's home in the Clerk's Ward. Travel east to speak to Aelwyn, then return to Nemelle for a permanent +3 to HP. Then return to speak to Aelwyn.
- Speak to Qui-Sai in the Civic Festall, located in the northwestern portion of the Clerk's Ward. Ask him about his meditation for a permanent -1 to AC.
- Speak to Splinter, located in the Civic Festhall, to gain the benefits of being in the Society of Sensation without actually joining. Speak to one of the Mage-in-Training's in conversation, located in the southeast corner. Return to Splinter and enter the public sensorium and speak to Lady Thorncombe. Exit the Civic Festhall and speak to Salabesh the Onyx, located directly next to the exit. Return to Lady Thorncombe.
- Enter the private sensorium within the Civic Festhall and speak to Quell about his two stores and about Ravel.
- Enter the Civic Festhall dormitories. Get your room key from the Festhall Room Clerk by declining to rest and asking what she means. Enter your room, located to the east, bash open the locked container, take the Dodecahedron, and use it. Speak to Finam, located in the southern house in the Clerk's Ward. Use Stories-Bones-Tell on the ashes and allow the memories to surface. Read through the Dodecahedron and then go speak to the Advocate, located in the Advocate's home to retrieve your legacy. Equip the Kaleidoscopic Eye to the Nameless One and use the Stone Gullet of L'Phahl the Gross when it is in the Nameless One's inventory.
- Travel to the Art and Curio Galleria and examine the statue of a man. Apply the salve to the statue to upgrade Morte's Litany of Curses.
- Speak to Sebastion, located in the northwestern portion of the Lower Ward. Ask him what his price is for dealing with your scars, then offer to help him regarding his contract. Travel east and speak to Grosuk, then kill him. Return to Sebastion for a permanent +2 bonus to charisma.
- Speak to Lazlo, located in the Marketplace within the Lower Ward. Exit the marketplace and travel to the drawbridge in the northeast corner of the Lower Ward. Enter the tower and speak to Coaxmetal.
- Speak to the Godsman Guard, located behind the gate in the northwestern portion of the Lower Ward, and show him your receipt. Enter the foundry and speak to Nadilin.
- Travel to the Pawn Shop, located in the southwest portion of the Lower Ward, and speak to Miccah. Ask about anything other than trades to upgrade Morte's Litany of Curses.
||Purchase various things from various shops before moving on.|
- Aalek's Oddities, located in the Lower Ward marketplace.
- Displacer Ring. Equip to Annah, replacing the Ring of the Traveler which should be equipped to Fall-from-Grace.
- Magus Guard. Equip to the Nameless One.
- Magus Shield. Equip to the Dak'kon.
- Ring of the Traveler. Equip to Fall-from-Grace.
- Anze's Anvil, located in the Lower Ward marketplace.
- Notched Dagger. Equip to the Nameless One.
- Brokah and Miccah's Pawnshop, located in the southwest portion of the Lower Ward.
- Ring of the Traveler. Equip to the Nameless One.
- Cinder's Magic Shoppe, located in the Lower Ward marketplace.
- Scroll of Armor. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Ball Lightning. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Cloak of Warding. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Cone of Cold. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Confusion. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Elysium's Tears. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Force Missiles. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Ice Knife. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Improved Strength. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Knock. Teach to the Dak'kon.
- Scroll of Strength. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Scroll of Tasha's Unberable Derisive Laughter. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Gaerien's Dead Looter Booty, located in the Dead Nations below the Buried Village.
- Scroll of Elysium's Tears. Teach to the Namelesss One.
- Scroll of Ice Knife. Teach to the Nameless One.
- Giltspur's Auction Block, located in the Lower Ward.
- Scroll of Friends. Teach to Dak'kon.
- Stinger Earring. Equip to Fall-from-Grace.
- Goncalve's Tailory, located in the northwest portion of the Clerk's Ward.
- Bodice of the Godless Priest. Equip to Fall-from-Grace.
- Bodice of the Perilous Quest. Save for when Fall-from-Grace requires health regeneration.
- Jerkin of the Brazen Rogue. Equip to Annah.
- Jerkin of the Flitting Shadow. Save for when Annah requires increased pick pocket and stealth skills.
- Vrischika's Curiosity Shoppe, located in the Clerk's Ward.
- Tear of Salieru-Dei. Use all of your Tears of Salieru-Dei while they are in the Nameless One's inventory.